Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Title
    Premium Member

M1 Carbine Reloading

Starting this thread for information on reloading 30 carbine ammo. I haven't done it yet, but have all the components and dies. Looks like I'll be shooting mine more in the coming year as my club has a WWII competition match. Any tips and tricks are appreciated.

Title
    Administrator
    110gr Hornady RN Bullets, H-110 Powder.
    Pretty easy one to load for being straight walled.
    I bube the cases anyway, but most people don't
    Quote Originally Posted by bkreutz View Post
    Starting this thread for information on reloading 30 carbine ammo. I haven't done it yet, but have all the components and dies. Looks like I'll be shooting mine more in the coming year as my club has a WWII competition match. Any tips and tricks are appreciated.

Title
    Premium Member
    I reloaded for one back when. Forget what powder I used but I was not very happy with it. The rounds would go off but they would not cycle the action every time. Possibly to light of a load? My point is as with all semi autos, load up some and test them before you load up mass quantities and find out they do not work as they should.

Title
    Premium Member
    Dumb question, but I wanna load for my 30 carbine, I still have ammo for it and it ahiits great? Should I dimantle one to get fhe bullet weight if it and give you a shout for some 308 bullets? Also this would be a large rifle primer correct?

Title
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brown View Post
    Dumb question, but I wanna load for my 30 carbine, I still have ammo for it and it ahiits great? Should I dimantle one to get fhe bullet weight if it and give you a shout for some 308 bullets? Also this would be a large rifle primer correct?
    Normal bullet weight is a 110gr RN. We carry the hornady in bulk. They use small rifle primers

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Awesome ty!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    I've got some info saved from the M1 Carbine Club forum (if I can find them) one of the things that was mentioned was that the brass moves a lot during firing and the cases should be trimmed before every reload (or at least checked) If I find the notes I'll post them up here.

Title
    Premium Member
    Cool thanks

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Here's a link to the thread discussing the reloading of 30 carbine http://m1family.com/reloading-for-th...392.html#p3883

Title
    Premium Member
    My experience with .30 Carbine has been that military cases from way back are pretty thick. Even with carbide dies, I always lubed. Second, because of the case thickness situation, I had to modify my Lee case trimmer gauge by buffing it down a little so that it would even fit into the mouths of the aforementioned older military brass. I used H110/296 a little under max and never had a problem with cycling.
    Alan Dickinson
    NRA Certified Handgun & Metallic Reloading Instructor
    Former Texas CHL Instructor