Quote Originally Posted by SouthernCoyote View Post
I'll note, the charges are with a Chargemaster 1500. The dies are LEE dies. Loaded on my Dillon 550B using a powder funnel for individual weighted charges. I use Forster dies for my bolt guns. So to those who think LEE aren't good, my AR rifles show otherwise. I use lots of different projectiles so I mark my LEE seating die with a fine tip sharpie and abbreviate the projectile on the marks so I have a ballpark range to get them dialed in, then adjust using my base to ogive measuring tools.
Fantastic group and information! Thx for the details...

I’ve been doing a lot of reading and found ‘Konrad’ from a thread on the us rifle team sight. He shoots a lot of service rifle matches in IL and he has shared a good deal of information on both YouTube and a site he maintains

http://sw-hearing.com/reloading/relo...procedure.html

If I read his loading procedure correctly, it seems that he doesn’t crimp and relies on neck tension alone. Is this common in a gas gun loaded for competition? Creative solution to hand make a powder check in die position 3 on his 550B. Sliding seating to position 4 makes for some awkward mechanics though...

Which die position do you seat the bullet in? And if position 3, do you crimp in 4 or simply not use?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk