Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast
    Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrivera View Post
    So vMax and zMax are the same projectile right, just different colored tips? Do the vMax projectiles act the same?
    Some guys have reported a difference in the ogive so the jury is still out as to whether Hdy just changed the tip color.
    The A-Max is a great bullet regardless. The Z-Max captured out cash because it also asked LESS of it! And we are hooked.

Title
    Administrator
    There are differences in the Z-Max, and V-Max.
    I gave up talking about it with people, but they shoot awesome for our team, so I kept bringing them in for everyone.
    Now Hornady says they are discontinued
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrivera View Post
    So vMax and zMax are the same projectile right, just different colored tips? Do the vMax projectiles act the same?

Title
    Premium Member
    From what I've seen yes, the same. I do not see much if any difference in shooting. For that matter I use the same recipe for Nosler Ballistic 40 grain as I do for Vmax and Zmax. Point of impact is nearly the same.
    “The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails.” -John Maxwell

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Sage View Post
    There are differences in the Z-Max, and V-Max.
    I gave up talking about it with people, but they shoot awesome for our team, so I kept bringing them in for everyone.
    Now Hornady says they are discontinued
    Everything i have come up with points to the zmax using the amp jacket like the amax, where as the vmax does not use the amp jacket.

Title
    Premium Member
    Hmm, went looking and saw a cut-a-way of the two side by side and the zmax jacket was a tiny bit thicker. For my load data, it is the same on what works.

Bummer they are not making any more.
    “The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails.” -John Maxwell

Title
    Premium Member
    Finally got to the range and 50 grain Vmax load, .388 MOA. I use Zmax and Vmax as the same and have a bunch of Zmax so I needed to find 'The load'. Was grouping 13/16" for 5 shots at 200yds. Had some other loads but the best they could do was .70 MOA. Barrel was getting a little warm is probably the only reason it was starting to do a string instead of a cloverleaf and a bit better than .388. 1st 3 shots before it started getting warm were closer to about 3/8" at 200yds.

Going to be some very sad prairie dog families in May.

Bummer no more Zmax available at the good deal.

Last edited by 72Camaro; 02-28-2019 at 05:14 PM.

Title
    Seems like a year since I last went after PDs... and it's STILL 3 months away!

I salted away a few thousand 50-Zs and have a couple thousand rounds loaded...
    and I feel the loss anyway..."bummer no more Zmax available at the good deal."

Title
    Premium Member

50gr Zmax OFFICIAL Load Thread!!!

Well I needed to run some more because well, why not! I needed a few to keep my stock right. Zmax on Speer nickel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    That's an epic picture right there!

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyeralan View Post
    That's an epic picture right there!
    Just in case anyone worries that I load in dark, I turned lights off just for the picture. LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk