I do all my loading on a single stage press, even revolver rounds. When I’m dispensing out of a uniflow, I load a whole tray, and then check every case with a flashlight. Row by row. I like to hold the flashlight close to my face, and then line up the side of the case facing me with the top of the powder charge in the case. It’s hard to explain it but that way I can go through a whole row left to right or right to left and they should all be about the same height in the case. Think of it as a kind of triangulation. If there is any great fluctuation, I catch it easily. I do also still weigh every 10th charge too.

With flake powders if the disk catches, grinds, or does anything else that isn’t smooth with I move the throw lever, that charge goes back into the hopper. Sometimes it does take two or three throws to get a proper flow but that’s still lots faster than weighing every charge. I did that for a lo time before I upgraded to the uniflows. And now I have one set for .357, one for .44mag, and one I haven’t set up yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk