I loaded up a bunch of 62 Grain Hornady FMJ BT in preparation for a new rifle. They were loaded at 2.215 OAL using lake city processed brass.

I purchased a Black Rain Ordinance Spec-15 last week and excitedly went out to the range only to find out that even when the slide did go in to battery, it would stick in the barrel and had to be hammered out. Most times it wouldn't even go in to battery and was still stuck. I thought this is a simple problem of being slightly too long. I tried them in my Mini-14, they run perfectly.

I get home, and try out seating them a little lower, but the problem still persists. It goes into battery, but the bolt has to be forced out for it to eject. Something seems to be making cuts in the bullet. Is it possible that the 62 gn Hornady has a different O-give that is causing this problem? I'm pretty new to the AR platform so is there something I'm missing there?

I've tried uploading pictures in both Safari and in Chrome, not sure why it fails each time. Either way, anybody got any thoughts that might help?