Quote Originally Posted by Jbotto View Post
JTD, what are you planning on loading for your .243? I’ve played around with mine for years and shot a small variety of bullets. My Savage 11 doesn’t seem to hate anything I’ve fed it as usually with a bit of tinkering all loads have been hunting worthy. It’s even a few years since I touched anything besides the Barnes 85 TSX in mine, but I know I’ve shot the 95gr SST, 100gr Sierra ProHunter as well as a Sierra GameKing too, I just don’t remember which one. I some old 65gr Speer or Hornady HP’s loaded up for mine that I’ve wanted to test for a couple years, but there is just always something more pressing to get to when I’m at the range. I can honestly say I’ve never shot a deer with the .243 as it is always my loaner rifle. Loaned it to my brother for a few years when he was getting into hunting during high school, and didn’t buy his own rifle. Now my wife seems to have commandeered it until we have her 6mm all finished for her. Someday I’ll get to shoot it! Ha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m going to load some 95gr sst this go around. Ive also got 100gr Hornady interlocks and nosler partitions.

JTD