Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 8 of 80 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Title
    Premium Member
    That’s a good idea about the e-tips, JTD! I might start something now since I’m thinking of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Today I was able to get my 9.3x74R and w-w 300 Savage brass sized and trimmed. That’s all for today.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Redid some test loads for my .30-06 with 150gr E-tips. That can be found in another thread in the loading for Hunting forum.

After that I resized the last of my friend’s 7mm-08 brass tonight. It was the last of the factory ammo he’s bought. And we shot it up yesterday. I sent the 9 cases through the tumbler this afternoon with a few random brass for the brass collection and sized them afterwards. Tomorrow I’ll trim them and get them primed and ready to load later this week. I’ve been away from the bench for almost a month so it was nice to be at it again.

Title
    Premium Member
    I got those 9 pieces of 7mm-08 brass from yesterday finished this morning with my coffee. Had to wipe off the the sizing wax with a rag then sent, them through the trimmer, primed and loaded 5 of them at the request of my friend as he wanted a five shot group to warm up before we finished testing his loads. All ready for the range!
    The rest of the brass is primed and ready for further tests or if we settle on a load, ready to load up for his hunting load.

Title
    Premium Member
    I got my R-P 300 savage brass sized and trimmed. Tumbled 9.3x74R, WW and RP 300 savage brass tumbled, and all of the primed.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    I finally got out and shot the test loads I had made up with the WC844 and SS109 and 75gr BTHP.

Accuracy was what you’d expect out of a 10” 5.56 barrel. I had slight pressure signs at the high end of each charge set, but nothing to worry about.

I’d have to check my data against my targets to see for sure which load did best for each bullet, but I know they’re all in the middle of my charge ranges. I also know they all made an impressive fireball, so I seriously doubt they’ll be hearing safe with a suppressor. But that’s a pretty hard goal with full power 223.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbaker78 View Post
    I finally got out and shot the test loads I had made up with the WC844 and SS109 and 75gr BTHP.

Accuracy was what you’d expect out of a 10” 5.56 barrel. I had slight pressure signs at the high end of each charge set, but nothing to worry about.

I’d have to check my data against my targets to see for sure which load did best for each bullet, but I know they’re all in the middle of my charge ranges. I also know they all made an impressive fireball, so I seriously doubt they’ll be hearing safe with a suppressor. But that’s a pretty hard goal with full power 223.
    Great. Glad you got out. Got any pictures of your targets?

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Not that I'm willing to share

65 yards with a red dot and using a golf cart as a rest. They're not anything to be proud of, but they gave me something close enough to be called data.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbaker78 View Post
    Not that I'm willing to share

65 yards with a red dot and using a golf cart as a rest. They're not anything to be proud of, but they gave me something close enough to be called data.
    Understood!

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    25y would've been optimal for the platform, but the field we shoot across was already planted. Maybe when I get some better groups I'll post some [emoji14]