Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 30 of 80 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Title
    Premium Member
    It’s starting to sound like FB land is going to be rid of all us dangerous shooting enthusiasts, at least it sure feels like it! Hopefully we get some new members here to share, teach, and learn!

Finally got the last of my Christmas gift cards spent and got some fun things to play with. Still wanting to play with the seating depth of my 150gr E-tips in my .30-06 as I’ve mentioned before( also have a post about them in the reloading for hunting forum ) been wanting these for awhile and just never jumped on them. So now I gotta find the time to get back to my bench!

Anyone else use these? I can’t say I own too much Hornady equipment, but these sure make sense to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    I use these extensively for quite a few years and love them! You will not be disappointed. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbotto View Post
    It’s starting to sound like FB land is going to be rid of all us dangerous shooting enthusiasts, at least it sure feels like it! Hopefully we get some new members here to share, teach, and learn!

Finally got the last of my Christmas gift cards spent and got some fun things to play with. Still wanting to play with the seating depth of my 150gr E-tips in my .30-06 as I’ve mentioned before( also have a post about them in the reloading for hunting forum ) been wanting these for awhile and just never jumped on them. So now I gotta find the time to get back to my bench!

Anyone else use these? I can’t say I own too much Hornady equipment, but these sure make sense to me.

"Long range shooting, It's like golf, but for men"

Title
    Premium Member

Today at the Bench.....

Excellent purchase! Those will come in very handy.

I’m ready for the move off of Facebook. Ive been phasing it out for over a year. I only keep it because of Wes.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyDeGraff View Post
    Excellent purchase! Those will come in very handy.

I’m ready for the move off of Facebook. Ive been phasing it out for over a year. I only keep it because of Wes.

JTD
    I sure hope so JTD!

I’m still there for friends and family and I do admin a Savage Rifle Owners group, but I’m scaling it back too. Less time in screens for me and more time doing real things.... My forum use isn’t going anywhere!

Title
    Premium Member
    I sure hope so JTD!

I’m still there for friends and family and I do admin a Savage Rifle Owners group, but I’m scaling it back too. Less time in screens for me and more time doing real things.... My forum use isn’t going anywhere!

I hope you aren’t going anywhere. You are one of the regulars that I enjoy hearing from.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    I hope you aren’t going anywhere. You are one of the regulars that I enjoy hearing from.

JTD
    You guys can’t get rid of me that easily! Haha!

Title
    Premium Member
    I make my own modified cases from brass fired in my chamber. I recon it gives me a better read but I can't provide any concrete evidence of that truth. Regardless, for the price of a drill bit and a tap which I had to seek out at a machine tool supply house I can make as many modified cases as I like.

Title
    Premium Member
    For the price of a tap and drill bit you can make all the modified cases you like and make them from brass fired in your chamber or sized in your die, whichever you prefer.

Title
    Premium Member
    That’s a great idea. Especially for wildcats or oddball calibers.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    That’s a great idea. Especially for wildcats or oddball calibers.

JTD

It's an oddball tap that you won't find at the hardware store. If I recall correctly (it's been 10 years or more) I had to order mine from a Machine Tool supply house.

Intermountain Machining Supply (ims.supply)

I'm sure there is something similar in your neck of the woods.