Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 17 of 80 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyeralan View Post
    Can you give a few details on the top one? It looks great!
    18" 223 Wylde, PSA lower, unknown upper, 15" centurion CMR handguard, standard a2 stock assembly,, basic lower parts kit with JP reduced springs in the FCG, Burris MSR223 3-9x scope, Caldwell mlok bipod, and Griffin armament hammercomp for suppressor mounting.

It's hard to see in the picture, but there's a Burris fastfire 3 at a 45* offset from the scope because I used to play a lot of call of duty.

The suppressor is a home build (with approved form 1) 9.5" titanium 30cal can with a sub-tac alpha cover.

The suppressor takes my bolt action 308 down to hearing safe levels, so it should be pretty decent on this. It only barely helps on the 5.56 pistol, but that's not surprising

Title
    Premium Member

I dug the press out last night and got it bolted down. Lots of odds and ends floating right now. Trying to come up with a good way to build some additional shelves for the bottom shelf. In the past I just piled stuff on top of stuff down there and never had it really maximized. Was wanting to build those shelves before I started to put stuff away and unpack but I think I’ll do the shelves later on. My wife needs ammunition for the .243 and her pronghorn season is already open so I think I’m just going to get enough space to put together a few and call it good for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    You’re getting there.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyDeGraff View Post
    You’re getting there.

JTD
    Sure am! I got more done tonight and trying to think of better ways to organize some items that take up too much bench space.

I used to have these three Uniflows laying in the corner of the bench and they just take up too much space. So I’m slowly getting a little stand for them designed and built. Got the board that will actually hold them later out and drilled. Now I just have to figure out how to do the rest of the stand figured out.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbotto View Post
    Been busy packing and making hauling trips on the weekend regarding the move my wife and I are making. Tore down the bench last night and will have it in a trailer tonight. Hope to be back at the press in two-three weeks. Hope you all are well!

...I typed that on 7/22

It took me a bit longer, but I did sit down for a bit at my cluttered bench tonight. Resized just under 100 .243 cases. Put the first 50 or so in the tumbler to clean the case wax off and will put the next batch in tomorrow morning. It’s not as clean or organized as I’d like, but I’m back to making ammo! Woohoo!

Title
    Premium Member
    Awesome. Glad you are back at it

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    I finally got to the bench today. Got 226 357 mag plinking loads loaded up with 158gr coated cast RN and red dot.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member

Today at the Bench.....

I trimmed my 92ct batch of .243 yesterday. Got them primed and loaded each case with a stout load of IMR 4064 and a 85gr Barnes TSX. Nice to have ammo for pronghorn and deer season!

Last edited by Jbotto; 08-22-2020 at 09:55 AM.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyDeGraff View Post
    I finally got to the bench today. Got 226 357 mag plinking loads loaded up with 158gr coated cast RN and red dot.

JTD
    Glad you got back to it after your hiatus JTD! My standby load for the .357 mag is a 158gr SWC and Unique or Universal. Next time I order, I’m going with coated to see if it helps keep the gun cleaner!

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbotto View Post
    I trimmed my 92ct batch of .243 yesterday. Got them primed and loaded each case with a stout load of IMR 4064 and a 85gr Barnes TSX. Nice to have ammo for pronghorn and deer season!

I've got to do some of these as well for 2 rifles for the ladies. Same bullet, but I have had great success through the years with IMR 4350.
    "Long range shooting, It's like golf, but for men"