First I'm going to apologize for my ignorance. Keep in mind, I'm a mechanic and do have the ability build an AR (before the hazing starts, questioning my abilities)
I'm looking to build my first AR. I have been told by someone on an AR group that I should just buy a fully assembled rifle and learn on that before I dig in on a build. That might be sound advice but that doesn't really sit well with me. As far as my build parts list goes, i think i want an Aero lower but unsure of a decent lower build parts kit i should be looking at. I'm also pretty sure im leaning towards a 223 wylde upper. I guess the real question I have is, what companies should I be looking at for my parts if im trying to keep it a decent budget build? Should i just buy an assembled lower, assembled upper? Give me your suggestions and manufacturer's of where I should be looking to get affordable (not cheap) components. I know there are a ton of options to choose from and this is a huge stretch of a request, but I recently moved to SC and don't have any local connections for solid advice. Thank you in advance.