So, I was reading online about expander balls and sizing brass. The discussion was about pulling the brass over the expander ball vs pushing the brass over the expander. They were saying that they take the expander ball out of their die when sizing the brass, then run the brass over the expander in a second step. The idea was that it is easier to push the brass over the ball opposed to pulling it over, you get less case stretch in the shoulder area when not pulling your brass over it, and make your sized brass more consistant ( less runout). So I decided to try it. So far I’ve done 200 7.62x54R, 125 243win, 50 30-40 krag, and 50 350 rem mag I really like this way of sizing brass, the only con is that it adds an extra step to the process, the pros are that it is easier, requires less lube inside the case neck, and the variance in my trim lengths has shrunk. I haven’t measured anything on my brass except length, so I don’t know if it is way more consistant, but my trim lengths are much more consistant which leads me to believer that it would be more consistant overall, since my trimmer bases trim length off of the shoulder.

JTD