Down here in extreme NW Fla my buddy and I have now gained extensive experience with the 300BLK. We have been using it for hogs,deer,and coyotes for about 6-7 years now.
Our application for the chambering is for night hunting with thermal sight attached. I have an older ATN ThOR (640) and he has a newer Armasight (640) plus a NVS that was on his gun but now just used as a handheld scanner.
His guns are all 16" bbl and are suppressed AR's. My gun is a 16" RARR and a 16" NEF Handi Rifle. I also have a Ruger Mini-14 chambered in 300BLK that I have not killed anything with so far.
The 300BLK is a great round if you know how to load for it . . AND . . don't try to make it a 308Win or even a 300Savage.
It will shoot a 110gr Barnes TAC-TX (30231) at close to 2400fps. My buddy gets around 2200fps out of a 125gr NosBalTip. Both of these bullets are super accurate and are great killers of the bigger (250lbs+) hogs,the smaller deer (90-120lb)deer,and will devastate the coyotes if you hit bone going in.
Our ranges are typically FREAKING CLOSE to 200yds. This,for deer and hogs. We shoot at yotes on out further.
Take a look at the 300BLK. They are super fun guns. Easy to load for (basically H110),little recoil and the bolt and single shot guns are great with the 220gr SMK at just under supersonic. --- SAWMAN