Good morning all.

In my intro I promised some new guy questions and here's the first (of many)...

Background
I bought a D550 back in 2013 when I couldn't find production ammo to shoot in my pistol. Living in MD, the situation was worsened by the General Assemblies politics and the passage of even more restrictive laws impacting the law abiding gun owner - this drove ammo costs up further and made it more scarce. I've loaded 45ACP and 9x19 (maybe 1,000 rounds each) and while I'm comfortable with the press and processes, I'm sure I've still lots to learn. Up till now, I've been using purchased brass (new/once fired), Sierra 230 gr RN for the 45 and Berry's plated 115gr RN for the 9x19.

I haven't spent as much time as I'd like shooting as I've been busy with work and supporting my youngest as she fell in love with 22 3-position shooting and International Air Rifle matches. Lots of $$ invested in rifles, ammo and travel for her and now that she's headed to college, I'm gearing up to get started myself.

I bought a White Oak A2 Service Rifle upper after seeing the CMP matches at Camp Perry one year (LittleShamr0ck was there to compete in her events). Her needs eclipsed mine however and I've never put a round down the tube.

That brings us to now...

I'm looking for some lessons learned and guidance around load development for the service rifle game.

I do not yet have:
- Brass
- Dies
- primers
- a way to clean brass
- a chronograph

I do have:
- 1,000 77gr SMKs
- 500 80gr SMKs
- Reloader 15 (recommendation from another dad on the Jr Rifle Team)
- 250 pieces of Lapua 223 Brass (Birthday gift)

Reloader15 doesn't measure well in a Dillon measure as it's extruded so I've put a RCBS ChargeMaster on the 'wish list' for Father's Day, birthday and Christmas. I also sent Scott Parker a check yesterday for a tuned Ohaus beam scale.

Questions
I know where I can get brass But should I care whose brass? From reading it seems like a lot of folks prefer Lake City brass, but I don't know why that is. I realize if I choose LC brass I'll need to swage out the military crimp.

whose dies should I get? I'd much prefer to buy once/cry once and while Dillon's carbide dies are +- $180, I'd hate to make that investment and then choose a different seating die (as an example)

I 'think' i want a small base full length sizing die given my reading so far - need to confirm if the Dillon die is a small base

How do I choose a primer? I see a lot of talk about CCI41s but never see them mentioned in threads discussing precision reloading.

I'm inclined to dry tumble as shiny isn't important to me

What else do I need to think about?

Thanks in advance!