Today I picked up loading dies, brass and bullets for the 6 Creedmoor. I am very enthusiastic about this!

The 6 Creedmoor is a cartridge designed for target competition, but produces velocity comparable to the 243 Win, 6mm Rem, and not too far off from the 25-06, so it has some potential as a hunting cartridge as well.

All I've fired through my Ruger Precision Rifle is the Hornady 108 grain ELD-M (match) ammo. I'm still getting used to the new rifle, but the 6 Creedmoor showed a promise of great accuracy. I tracked down three sources for good load data, plenty to start:
1. Hornady has a PDF file avail online with many loads documented for bullets from 58 - 108 grains.
2. Hodgdon's 2018 annual manual has a good article by Layne Simpson with a LOT of different loads featured.
3. Handloader magazine has a good article by John Barsness with some very nice 6 Creedmoor data.

Today I picked up:
1 set of Hornady dies - I've had good results with them in the past
50 Hornady brass cases
100 Hornady 108 grain ELD-M match bullets

I already have a good amount of H4350 powder on hand, as well as large rifle match primers from both Federal and CCI.

6mm Remington bottom, 6 Creedmoor center, 25-06 top:

I've prepped ten cases, and have made one dummy cartridge at the same overall length as the Hornady factory match ammo. The rifle has a short-action sized magazine.

I should have some results to post over the next few days and weeks.

Guy