Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Thread: 7mm rem mag

Title
    Premium Member

7mm rem mag

I'm shooting nosler accubonds 140gr if I remember right I'm pushing them at 3200fps they shoot awesome on paper but lack the dead right there factor on the two deer I've killed this season so far my question is what bullet would you recommend that wouldn't cost me accuracy or speed but also give me the drt factor

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Not sure yet but I am going to try the Hornady SST 139 grain bullets on antelope the first of December. Looking at the ballistics and watching videos of kill shots on youtube of this bullet in 7mm is impressive
    Currently reloading for .380 ACP, 9MM,327 Federal Mag, 38 Special, .357 Mag, 40 S&W, 44 Mag, 45 ACP, .458 Socom, .223 Remington, 22-250,7MM Remington Mag, 30-06 and 340 Weatherby Mag, 50 Beowolf

Title
    Premium Member
    Consider using a bullet that breaks up a little more - the Accubond hangs together real well from my experience and a more frangible bullet tends to kill deer faster for me.

I'm a huge fan of Nosler's Ballistic Tip for deer. Typically get very quick kills without the deer taking a step. That's mule deer & whitetail, as well as pronghorn. Elk too, come to think of it. And black bear. Ya, I kinda like the Ballistic Tip.

Your 7mm is certainly delivering excellent velocity at 3200 fps, but ya, I think I'd go with the Ballistic Tip instead of the Accubond for deer.

Regards, Guy