Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title
    Premium Member

Life of stainless .270 barrel?

I have a Weatherby Vanguard 2 in Stainless that has somewhere around 1200 rounds through it. It is a .5 moa rifle with a load I've worked up.
    What life can expect to get out of it? It's a hunting rifle but I also learned about rifle shooting and working on loads with it so it's had a lot of range time.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnwkr View Post
    I have a Weatherby Vanguard 2 in Stainless that has somewhere around 1200 rounds through it. It is a .5 moa rifle with a load I've worked up.
    What life can expect to get out of it? It's a hunting rifle but I also learned about rifle shooting and working on loads with it so it's had a lot of range time.
    My guess 2-3k depends upon cleaning products, hot hot are you loading it. Often when it opens up you may be able to chase the lands a little bit further but... Magnums don't last as long as standard calibers...

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Also depends on what you consider acceptable accuracy with it too. I would think it would last at least 5k if moa was ok. I had a 220swift that was originally a sub .5moa Rifle. After 2500 rounds it was shooting around .75”. Every round fired out of it was 3800fps or faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    True if you're deer gun will hold 2 moa that's a dead deer at 400 yards

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk