Quote Originally Posted by TracyG View Post
You have to talk to many people on Thermal that have experienced a LOT.
Things to add to what Sawman said.

1) Lights are OK but the animal still sees it. It appears gray so if you get many misses they will learn to be skittish. You also have to account for your own eyes. I have issues with green but do not have any seeing using red lights.

2) IR based NV does have limitations but significantly lower entry cost. The 4K out performs the HD2 on whiteout caused by brush close in. Fog can be an issue unless you have a remote light to get thru it. Military grade NV runs what thermal does.

3) You can see critters thru grass with thermal and you can see in the woods easier. Downside to thermal is when it comes to identification as compared to some NV. I have zero issues identifying animals out over 400yards in moonlight or with good light. Glass will not be a problem in the woods but so will fog or a fresh coat of mud on a hog. It will warm up the longer it is on him but have heard stories.

If I had $4k to spend... thermal would be it... for less than $650... I am doing an ATN all day long.

BTW... sighted in the 4K today.... it worked great. Hunt next weekend will tell more.
Awesome input, thank you!!!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk