Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 10mm loads

Title
    Premium Member
    Ok so I got the guns and like a little kid with a new toy i went straight to the range! They ran great, atleast mine did, gonna let him fire the first shots out of his. So my question is I tried 2 different charges with hp-38 (I use it for all my other pistols, well most so I’m trying to keep with it) the min is 5.2 and max 5.8. I’m using extremes 180gr. My issue is that even the highest load I tried was 5.5gr and they didn’t seem to have the power that the box of factory I ran the first day. With extremes being plated I was trying to stay away from max but do you think I can push them a little farther? I’m not seeing any pressure signs so far.

Title
    Premium Member
    The Extremes are rated for up to 1500fps, you should be able to push them harder. Just work up to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Blue dot and 180's Starline brass

Title
    Premium Member
    Was gonna try and push these a little more then was going to blue dot and yep already got a box of star line

Title
    Administrator
    Recoil means nothing!!
    Without a chronograph, who knows what the bullet is doing.
    Those factory loads may have fast burning powder for a ton of recoil and flash, and may be 1000fps loads.
    Never judge power by recoil and flash, that usually just means crappy loads.
    I loaded 10mm with AA#9 powder and the same bullet. Limited recoil and 1300+ FPS
    Quote Originally Posted by Connartist View Post
    Ok so I got the guns and like a little kid with a new toy i went straight to the range! They ran great, atleast mine did, gonna let him fire the first shots out of his. So my question is I tried 2 different charges with hp-38 (I use it for all my other pistols, well most so I’m trying to keep with it) the min is 5.2 and max 5.8. I’m using extremes 180gr. My issue is that even the highest load I tried was 5.5gr and they didn’t seem to have the power that the box of factory I ran the first day. With extremes being plated I was trying to stay away from max but do you think I can push them a little farther? I’m not seeing any pressure signs so far.

Title
    Premium Member
    Going to crono* them when I can, only place I have access to that I can use it at is an hour away. 😭

Title
    Premium Member
    I am getting ready to load Blue Dot and 155 extremes. Load book shows I should get about 1350 fps at 12 grains.

Title
    Premium Member
    20180922_213444.jpg

Always inspect your brass

Title
    Premium Member
    Power Pistol works well for me with 180 grain coated bullets.
    Always do whats right because it's always the right thing to do.

Title
    Premium Member
    All I have shot in my G40 is 180gr bullets. I was wondering whether to purchase the 165gr/brass combo or stick with the 180r for range shooting.
    Thanks in advance......Art