Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Thread: My Bee

Title
    Premium Member

My Bee

Going to try to post a pic of my custom Bee that I put together. I just couldn't find a .218 Bee for a decent price for the quality that I wanted. So I decided to try out a Thompson Center. My uncle had a few Contenders with tons of barrels. I thought I would try out the newer Encore Pro Hunter line. I ordered a SS TC frame(now has a 2.5# trigger job), found a Weaver T36 silver scope, a silver DNZ one piece mount, a custom Stocky's stock set, and SS 1" Fullbull Match Grade Machine 23" barrel. It is a heavy little rifle, no recoil, accurate, and everyone wants to check it out at the range. One of my faves. Doesn't take a lot of powder to load up a TON of fun.

IMAG0079.jpg

Title
    Premium Member
    Try to use Tapatalk here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    That looks awesome and what a cool caliber; love the look of that case.

Title
    Premium Member
    Thanks! It is fun to shoot. No recoil so anyone can shoot it and have fun. With the MGM barrel it is really accurate too. Definitely a varmint getter.

Title
    Premium Member

My Bee

I keep coming back to this post on your .218 Bee for some reason... perhaps it’s time I look for one. I have a bunch of H&R single shot handi rifles, and it’s too bad (for my sake) they never made a barrel in this caliber.

Title
    Premium Member
    I have seen one Handi in Bee, can't remember what they did to get it. I have another TC barrel that was originally a .22 Hornet, they reamed it to K Hornet and then reamed it again and made it into a .221 Fireball. I don't have a reloading manual in front of me right now. Might be able to find a .22 Hornet and ream it to a Bee. Would have to check measurements in a reload manual or ask a gunsmith for sure though.
    Last edited by Ledslnger; 09-24-2018 at 04:25 PM.