Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title
    Premium Member

Chamber length for 6.5creedmoor ruger precision

Anyone else find their gun to have a very long chamber. Might be the shape of the eldx but I'm finding that I will be at .155 jump if I seat to mag length. Seems long to me.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    I think you mean freebore length. This is not common. Usually you can get near the lands while under mag length with a 6.5

Title
    Premium Member
    I recommend getting the Ruger metal AICS mags and the Plastic AICS mags from them too. Their plastic ones go out to OAL of 2.870" which lallows me to seat my 140 VLD 0.020" from the lands with an OAL of 2.855". The metal ones go out to 2.920" OAL. The metal ones I can fit 8 rounds in and the 8th one is very tight. The plastic ones I can seat 10 rounds with the last one being somewhat tight. The plastic one feeds tons smoother as well. I still use both though. The ELD is a long projectile, so maybe going with these 2 mags will help. For what it's worth, the factory issued mags (pmag-10 I think) were absolute garbage. Also, the AICS brand mags were too tight for the magwell on my RPR.
    "Do I reload to shoot more, or do I shoot to reload more?" 30-378 Weatherby, .300 RUM, 7mm Rem Mag, 6.5 Creedmoor, .223/5.56, .375 H&H, .40 S&W, 10mm, .357 SIG

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iankinal View Post
    I think you mean freebore length. This is not common. Usually you can get near the lands while under mag length with a 6.5
    Yep I realised what I wrote after you said something. Thanks for catching it.

Title
    Premium Member
    Thanks for the info I'll look into them. I 've got two rifles now that have a lot of free bore, I guess that's my luck.