Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title
    Premium Member

Post Project Appleseed

I attended my first Appleseed event this weekend and I would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone looking to become a better marksman.

This is a great basic rifle marksmanship clinic that focuses on traditional prone, sitting, and standing unsupported shooting. They teach the proper use of a sling for support and it was fantastic. They also teach about the events on April 19, 1775, which are believed to be the events that kicked off the Revolutionary War. Even if you don't think you will learn to be a better shooter, (you will) the history lessons are worth the price of $60 for a 2 day class.

I don't know about anyone else, but I've been in a rut the last few years and only shot off a solid rest on a bench. This was quite refreshing. This was 90% range time, and we shot around 500 rounds. Most people use 22LR rifles, but we had a couple of AR15's. They allow any optics that you would like, but recommend iron sights. I think 10 out of the 14 people in my class had some sort of optic.

Check it out, you won't be disappointed.

https://appleseedinfo.org/

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Steenbeen View Post
    I attended my first Appleseed event this weekend and I would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone looking to become a better marksman.

This is a great basic rifle marksmanship clinic that focuses on traditional prone, sitting, and standing unsupported shooting. They teach the proper use of a sling for support and it was fantastic. They also teach about the events on April 19, 1775, which are believed to be the events that kicked off the Revolutionary War. Even if you don't think you will learn to be a better shooter, (you will) the history lessons are worth the price of $60 for a 2 day class.

I don't know about anyone else, but I've been in a rut the last few years and only shot off a solid rest on a bench. This was quite refreshing. This was 90% range time, and we shot around 500 rounds. Most people use 22LR rifles, but we had a couple of AR15's. They allow any optics that you would like, but recommend iron sights. I think 10 out of the 14 people in my class had some sort of optic.

Check it out, you won't be disappointed.

https://appleseedinfo.org/
    Cool! Thanks for sharing this!

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    That does sound awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    I highly recommend Appleseed.

Of course I'm biased. I liked them enough that I joined them to volunteer my time spreading marksmanship and the American spirit.