Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Title
    Premium Member

Press Mounting Options

I'm setting up a Harbor Freight bench for reloading and still want to have the bench open for other uses. i see some folks use T-track and also see the Inline Fabrication flush mount system. these are the two methods I'm considering. I'm looking for experiences with either of these two. It appears I'll need to use a router for either one and I've never used a router so that's going to be a learning experience as well. The presses I'm going to use are a Lee Classic Turret and a RCBS single stage. I figure a good quick mount setup will allow for future additions as well. I've added a picture of what I have currently and what I'm working with now. I welcome all of your thoughts and opinions on this little project.

This is my permanent setup:
    20150508_194824.jpg

And this is my mobile "mancave" project:
    20180501.jpg
    Last edited by Steve Lonie; 09-11-2018 at 06:18 AM. Reason: More info with pics

Title
    Premium Member
    On my bench I drilled holes through the top and installed t nuts on the bottom. Now when I want to use my strong mount I just use 4 bolts through the mount and it is done. When finished off they come and I have my bench back.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/The-Hill...FcPEwAodjoMFWg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    I have forgotten about t nuts. Thanks. That's another option for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    I've copied this from a friend of mine: picture a female receiver hitch in the face of your bench and your press is the ball on the male part of receiver hitch. Instead of a pin (would allow slack) we used set bolts that hold well hand tight or can be wrenched very tight. You will definitely need a welder and some materials for this project. I like the presses mounted like this because you can sit comfortably and easily reach any area of your press. Plus, it's easy to store the presses out of the way if you need the bench or swap presses in or out. IMG_2256.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Very nice

Title
    Premium Member
    Now that's a solid looking mount. this is an idea I'll keep handy

Title
    Premium Member
    I've got a Workmate Work bench. I mounted my RCBS to a 2x12 then use clamps the mount to the work bench. Can remove press at anytime and set aside. Works great. Also have my 2 Dillon 600's and my LML trimmer mounted the same way.

Title
    Premium Member
    I used 1-1/2" and 2" tubing, (what i had on hand) and did the same as cowcatcher up there, ive got a dillon swager, 2 pacific 155's, and a dillon sl900 on my quick mounts. They are very sturdy, easy to adjust, and easy to build/install.

Sent from my WIENER using Tapatalk.

Title
    Premium Member

bench room is 7 x 7