Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeB View Post
    I'm pretty surprised that nobody here uses Imperial Sizing Wax. A tin lasts for 30k+ rounds, and you'll never stick a case. Its a great product.
    I’ve been using the imperial sizing die wax since the late 90’s. It’s all I use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    The Land of the Free Because of the Brave
    Dillon case lube. I get a bottle of it for Christmas every year. If it was not for that I would be making the lanolin mentioned above. Same stuff.
    Nemo me impune lacessit

Title
    Premium Member
    I'm still new to reloading and I got 4 cases stuck using the Hornady One Shot. I went and bought some Lyman spray case lube and haven't had a stuck case since and I haven't changed anything.

On another note I found out I was allergic to something in the One Shot. I have allergy induced asthma and every time I used the One Shot my asthma would hit me pretty hard and fast. Have not had any issues with that either since changing to the Lyman Spray case lube.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilbird View Post
    I'm still new to reloading and I got 4 cases stuck using the Hornady One Shot. I went and bought some Lyman spray case lube and haven't had a stuck case since and I haven't changed anything.

On another note I found out I was allergic to something in the One Shot. I have allergy induced asthma and every time I used the One Shot my asthma would hit me pretty hard and fast. Have not had any issues with that either since changing to the Lyman Spray case lube.

I just bought a case of One Shot. I do 1000's of cases in a month. I use One Shot exclusively. I did over 2000 223 cases and not 1 stuck case. I did 700 308 cases not 1 stuck case. I don't get it. That don't include all the 224 Val, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5 Creedmoor and all the others I do. Oh well. It works for me and I don't get stuck cases. Whatever works. Gotta go with it.

Title
    Premium Member
    The only ones I had issues with were all belted magnum cases. Not sure if/how that makes much of a difference. The asthma problem is the main reason I got away from the One Shot. Not much fun reloading if you can breath.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilbird View Post
    The only ones I had issues with were all belted magnum cases. Not sure if/how that makes much of a difference. The asthma problem is the main reason I got away from the One Shot. Not much fun reloading if you can breath.

I get the asthma thing. That's the best reason of all for switching. Belted magnums. I load those too. 7mag, 300 WM, 8 Mag, 7 STW. I only neck size those cases. FL sizing over time will create a problem. The problem is when FL sizing belted cases you have to stop above the belt. Brass will build up over time and the cases will NOT chamber. Innovative Technologies makes a special collet die to correct the problem. But neck sizing removes that little problem and reduces stress on the cases. As long as those cases are shot in the same chamber.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by handcannon View Post
    I get the asthma thing. That's the best reason of all for switching. Belted magnums. I load those too. 7mag, 300 WM, 8 Mag, 7 STW. I only neck size those cases. FL sizing over time will create a problem. The problem is when FL sizing belted cases you have to stop above the belt. Brass will build up over time and the cases will NOT chamber. Innovative Technologies makes a special collet die to correct the problem. But neck sizing removes that little problem and reduces stress on the cases. As long as those cases are shot in the same chamber.
    I appreciate the info. That's definitely good to know for future reference since I'll be loading a lot of 7mm Rem Mag and 300 Win Mag. I'll definitely look into neck sizing for my 7mm and 300 bolt guns as well as loom into the Innovative Technology die for my automatic 7mm. Thanks!