Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guns4545 View Post
    OK folks yesterday I stuck a 300blk case in my RCBS small base die using one shot is the Frankford arsenal case lube any better?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Just because you stuck 1 case doesn't mean that lube your using is bad. Most of the time it's user error. That case might not of have enough lube. Or it wasn't dry. I have been using one shot and have only stuck 1 case in 20 years. It wasn't lubed all the way.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay F Hart Jr View Post
    Just because you stuck 1 case doesn't mean that lube your using is bad. Most of the time it's user error. That case might not of have enough lube. Or it wasn't dry. I have been using one shot and have only stuck 1 case in 20 years. It wasn't lubed all the way.

I'm sure you are right. I'm still new and learning along the way. My thoughts are it was dry enough.

Title
    Premium Member
    Everyone has to learn sometime. Your thoughts might be correct. In my case only half of the case had lube on it.
    I'm sure you are right. I'm still new and learning along the way. My thoughts are it was dry enough.

Title
    Premium Member
    Everyone has to learn sometime. Your thoughts might be correct. In my case only half of the case had lube on it.

I have used One Shot on thousands and thousands of cases.with no problems. But with any lube there is that one day when bam stuck case.

Title
    Premium Member
    I have used One Shot on thousands and thousands of cases.with no problems. But with any lube there is that one day when bam stuck case.

Good to know. Thanks Jay [emoji106]

Title
    Premium Member
    Good to know. Thanks Jay [emoji106]

Glad to help.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard kurnat View Post
    Try unique, little on your fingers and it transfers onto the cases as you size them. It’s cheap and a tub lasts forever
    I've been using Lyman for a long time, finally ran out and the last bit was really tough to size 300RUM brass with. Grabbed a tub of unique.. holy cow! That stuff is slick! I sized 400 pieces of 300 RUM and 300 pieces of 7mag with minimal effort. Also 223 cases were so lil effort I could feel any resistance at all sizing them. Great stuff!
    "Do I reload to shoot more, or do I shoot to reload more?" 30-378 Weatherby, .300 RUM, 7mm Rem Mag, 6.5 Creedmoor, .223/5.56, .375 H&H, .40 S&W, 10mm, .357 SIG

Title
    Premium Member
    I was using a spray lube when I started and had a few stuck cases. Switched to the lanolin mix and will never go back. Not a single stuck case since, and it's way cheaper.

I do have a tub of unique though if I have an odd thing to do like deprime a case that has gotten mangled.

Title
    Premium Member
    I bought a tub of the Unique lube and tested it on a few 7mm cases. Seems to work well.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Adam Van Camp; 09-20-2018 at 07:25 PM.
    Currently reloading for .380 ACP, 9MM,327 Federal Mag, 38 Special, .357 Mag, 40 S&W, 44 Mag, 45 ACP, .458 Socom, .223 Remington, 22-250,7MM Remington Mag, 30-06 and 340 Weatherby Mag, 50 Beowolf

Title
    Premium Member
    Tried unique like Wes recommended and it works excellent. Only a tad is needed. Very happy. Smooth as butter. [emoji4]
    Quote Originally Posted by xH8machinex View Post
    I was using a spray lube when I started and had a few stuck cases. Switched to the lanolin mix and will never go back. Not a single stuck case since, and it's way cheaper.

I do have a tub of unique though if I have an odd thing to do like deprime a case that has gotten mangled.