Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title
    Premium Member

Ruger precision 6.5cm

Shot my gun with hornaday 140 grn. Match ammo and I couldn't get bet than .92 at 100 yards. Worst was .116. Not really impressed and not sure where to start for brand and wieght on reloading. I plan to do a prs match with this gun in a month, not sure I'll have a good load by then.

Title
    Premium Member
    Try 143 eldx with RL15 or H4350

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rub some dirt on it and get back in the fight

Title
    Premium Member
    My RPR in 6.5 staying in the 0.25-0.40 MOA at 100 yards with my current load using Lapua brass, 140 Berger VLD seated 0.020" off the lands, CCI BR4 primers, and Reloder 16 powder. Running 2,821 fps. Consistency and quality is the key to getting the best out of any gun. I've been very impressed with mine. Shot a 4.8" 5 shot group at 1k yards with pretty Gusty winds.

Edit: to be fair, I've not shot the first round of factory ammo in mine, so no clue how it does with factory stuff. I've seen others shoot in the 0.50-0.75 MOA range with factory match stuff.
    Last edited by SouthernCoyote; 09-05-2018 at 05:29 PM.
    "Do I reload to shoot more, or do I shoot to reload more?" 30-378 Weatherby, .300 RUM, 7mm Rem Mag, 6.5 Creedmoor, .223/5.56, .375 H&H, .40 S&W, 10mm, .357 SIG

Title
    Administrator
    The 143gr ELD-X are a great bullet, and are Match/Hunting. It is one of our biggest sellers

Title
    Premium Member
    I'm looking into them now. Any opinion on the nosler rdf?

Title
    Administrator
    Great MAtch bullet. Better than most, but with the VLD style of them, they can be finicky to get set to proper OAL for perfect accuracy. If you have a short temper, and won't really work loads, bypass them.

Everyone I sell them to loves them and they out shoot most bullets, but they had to work loads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_dake View Post
    I'm looking into them now. Any opinion on the nosler rdf?

Title
    Premium Member
    Can you help me out with load data for reloader15. I bought reloader 16 and h4350 to give me a good base.