Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title
    Premium Member

6.5 creedmoor favorite loads

Just built a 6.5 creedmoor in an AR-10 platform. Shooting factory hornady HPBT this weekend and its managing quarter size groups at 150 yards. Now that I'm left with a pile of empty brass time to roll my own. Anybody have any favorite loads or bullets in this caliber? Large primer or small? I need to punch steel and shoot white tails.

Title
    Administrator
    The 143gr Hornady ELD-X are about our most popular. They are a cross over bullet that work for target, and hunting

Title
    Premium Member
    Do you have any packages brass/bullets? If so do you guys prefer large or small primer pockets?

Title
    Administrator
    You can build a package any way you like on the website. The link is on top of the forum page.
    People seem to like different pocket sizes for different reasons. We have both on the website, but the Hornady still seem to be the biggest seller for the cost.
    Quote Originally Posted by furdown View Post
    Do you have any packages brass/bullets? If so do you guys prefer large or small primer pockets?

Title
    Premium Member
    For my riffle with eldx 4831 is good and imr 4350 for 129sst and it packs a punch to

Title
    Premium Member
    What rifle are you shooting Donnye?

Title
    Premium Member
    I have a ar10 and a ruger precision riffle in 6.5

Title
    Premium Member
    Yeah built me one too. 18" Criterion bbl. I'm loading the 143 ELDX IMR 4350. If I knew how to post a picture on here I have a 6 shot group @ 1" @200 yards. That's sub moa. Also put a 3.5# trigger on it. Bushnell Tactical scope 4.5x32x50. I'm happy.

Title
    Premium Member
    I duno what my actuall group is Havent don’t it in a while but I’m under 5 inches at 485 y I was real load on powder but mine just came in so I’m goin to hone them in I haven’t tried the eldx with 4350 but I’ll give it a shot was ur laod on that one

Title
    Premium Member
    I have a timey 8oz trigger on my ruger and atn 4K night day scope on the ruger