Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Title
    Premium Member
    Thanks Ghost68.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost68 View Post
    It’s my understanding that the C.O.A.L. Is the minimum length; meaning they can be longer.
    The coal listed is the length that it was tested at. You need to find your max coal to lands back off .015 to .020 normally and then , after building some dummy bullets find your working coal that the gun (automatic) will cycle with. That coal will possibly be shorter or longer than the coal in the spec to which you need to adjust the powder range amount (up if longer coal or down if shorter coal). This method is generally used for automatic pistols and rifle bullets can be a different conversation.

Title
    Premium Member
    Thanks Wm Dunn

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wm Dunn View Post
    The coal listed is the length that it was tested at. You need to find your max coal to lands back off .015 to .020 normally and then , after building some dummy bullets find your working coal that the gun (automatic) will cycle with. That coal will possibly be shorter or longer than the coal in the spec to which you need to adjust the powder range amount (up if longer coal or down if shorter coal). This method is generally used for automatic pistols and rifle bullets can be a different conversation.
    Well stated Wm Dunn

Title
    Premium Member
    Papparuff, I searched my printed data and couldn’t find anything to help you out. Sorry

Title
    Premium Member
    Your OAL looks right. My Springfield likes 185 to 200 gr SWC. My Remington only likes 230 gr RN. I've used up to 5 gr of Bullseye in 200 gr so that would be safe in your 185s

Title
    Premium Member
    Thanks for the info captainron.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    The only swc I’ve ever loaded in 45acp has been 200gr. With the different seating depths found with the different load data, I’ve been safe starting at the lower end of the data. Same should hold true for the 185gr. Not sure if that helps at all, but hope it does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk