Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Title

Perks of reloading

I love the fact that I no longer stress over ammo prices and how much I "should" shoot when I go to the range. Like taking 600 rounds to the range today to break in a new gun and not even sweating shooting that much.
    Thank you Wes Sage for making my range time so much more enjoyable!! [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    “I’ll save money if I reload” quickly turns into, “I still pay about the same but I shoot a whole lot more.”

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Salyer View Post
    “I’ll save money if I reload” quickly turns into, “I still pay about the same but I shoot a whole lot more.”
    Exactly! I was only shooting maybe 6 times a year at the indoor range but after reloading, I'm there every other week!
    And I also picked up some other calibers just so I could reload those as well!

Title
    Premium Member
    I just like to tinker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    As do I. Like building and creating things. Love doing my own gunsmithing also.
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyDeGraff View Post
    I just like to tinker.

Title
    Premium Member
    working up an accurate round for your gun and having the ability to reproduce them by the thousands is far superior than taking your chances with factory loads. Consistency is key to accuracy.

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dan10mmman View Post
    working up an accurate round for your gun and having the ability to reproduce them by the thousands is far superior than taking your chances with factory loads. Consistency is key to accuracy.
    Exactly! Plus the satisfaction of producing said ammunition. Wether it's super accurate rifle rounds or that perfect soft recoil pistol round for target.

Title
    Premium Member
    Everything you guys are saying is me too. I load everything from light plinking handgun ammo to precision rounds for super accurate custom rifles. I try different hunting bullets every year during deer season, and keep a journal about bullet performance. I just love every aspect of this hobby.

Title
    Premium Member
    I got some Speer .308 150gr RN from Wes yesterday. Going to load them in my 300 savage. Some may ask why, because I can, I reload, I can make whatever crazy stuff I want. It may just be the bees knees.

Title
    Premium Member
    For me that some ammo that I have bought in the past wasn't always consistent. At time you can't even find the same lot . So I reload thing are lot better and have control over what is made. That the great part of reloading finding the perfect combination that works well in your rifle.