Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Thread: 300 blk

Title

300 blk

Well I’ve finally decided to play the game that is 300 blk or whatever moniker you want pin on it.
    I’ve done a little looking but haven’t found a lot of info on what powders are being experimented with other than the ones that are being pushed by manufacturers.
    Has anyone tried working up loads with others w between the h110-296 and cfe blk range?
    I’m thinking it might be able to get more velocity with less pressure than I’ve found published, let me know what you’ve learned.😎

Title
    110 miles north of Texarkana in the green hell
    X39 is all I dabbled in . I did run a 200 gr paper patch over IMR 4350 1600 fps at mag length and 1700 single fed .

I don't remember what I had under the 155s , probably H322 or Reloader 10x . Having used them both in 223 62s and 6.8 with 120 jacketed up to 140 cast either should work well with 110-150 gr in the 300 .
    4198 will walk a line at the edge of too slow and just just barely enough/not quite enough to cycle it will probably give the best/highest velocity though .
    I've been pleasantly surprised by H322 in a pretty wide selection of cartridges with good results.

H110/296 was developed in parallel with and for the 30 carb . You'll want the mag/GI primer and a moderate crimp if you use this one .

Title

300blk

Thanks Harter
    Been tinkering a little and found mag/mil primer are a must with the H110 as stated for top end loads. This piece of mine seems to like faster loads as the groups tighten the fastener I go, 18 gr H 110 is very nice under 125 gr SST from Hornady. The converted brass I got from Wes seems to be his usual quality 😁 so less work for me.
    I chose Accurate 1680 to experiment with and have been pleased with its softer shooting qualities, but still chasing h110 ‘s groups as I’m running out of room in the case🫤. Trying 21.5 tomorrow.

Title
    21.5 is all but compressed so that’s all the 1680 I’ll try in this powder I’m not getting complete burn in my 7.5 inch barrel so I’m trying Alliant pp 300 mp next hoping the pressure don’t spike like h110😅