I use a pair of these made more or less 30 yr apart by Rossi .
The high points......low points maybe, are the chambers that were cut Monday morning after the soccer world cup with a roughing reamer for maybe a .480 into a .450 groove. It yields a .490 body with a .480 neck that chambers a .454 bullet readily. The twist at 1-32" also sucks but it works for cowboy stuff and inside 75 yd . They are built on the magnum actions used for the 44 mag and though not available the 454 C .

Neither would feed RP brass or nickle cases which is ok I guess because the RBH doesn't like it either . I was just on the brink of offering a straight trade for about 200 RP cases for short Hornady cases but while I had the trimmer set up to trim the 20 I have I went ahead and cut down 6 RP just to see if the 1917 S&W 45 S&W would get along with them . In accordance with lore these are infact 45 short Colts being S&W length with a Colts rim .

In any case I thought what the heck and I stuffed them in the 92' . Actual Schofield brass will only allow 3 into the magazine that will take 10 Colts . The good news is they feed great. The bad news is that it's awfully hard on the astray like NOE version 454424 HP . The NEI .453-230swc also feeds well. Both carbines had 6 of each as a single group and mixed 3+3 . It didn't occur until just now to see if they would take 11 .

I don't know if the 1917 is going to like the 424 HP in terms of it doesn't like them as solids so there's only 6 of those , there are 21 of the chopped Hornady cases loaded with Herco and the NEI bullet.

I wish I had another source of data for the 45 S&W other than Lyman it would appear from past work that what I thought was a good solid charge of Unique is apparently below book start loads .
As these will only be in a 45 ACP based arm my design on a maybe 18kpsi "hot"/+P type load is in no danger of finding it's way into a lesser arm . I went ahead and loaded the Herco based on what I could gather up with 5.9 gr .

I guess I'll know more after a range trip .