Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wet Tumbling

Title
    Premium Member

Wet Tumbling

I'm considering making the leap into Wet Tumbling using the Frankford Arsenal Platinum Rotary Tumbler.
    I've been using their Quick-N-EZ vibratory tumbler for years and haven't had any issues.

It looks like I'll also need the Media Transfer Magnet and Tray Brass Dryer.

Should I keep the Quick-N-EZ as a backup?
    Do you notice a difference when wet tumbling?
    Do you just pour out the solution down the drain once it's finished?

Anything else I should know?

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo1 View Post
    I'm considering making the leap into Wet Tumbling using the Frankford Arsenal Platinum Rotary Tumbler.
    I've been using their Quick-N-EZ vibratory tumbler for years and haven't had any issues.

It looks like I'll also need the Media Transfer Magnet and Tray Brass Dryer.

Should I keep the Quick-N-EZ as a backup?
    Do you notice a difference when wet tumbling?
    Do you just pour out the solution down the drain once it's finished?

Anything else I should know?
    I have their vibratory tumbler, wet tumbler and brass dryer. All 3 work good. For rifle brass I dry tumble, lube, size/decap, trim and then wet tumble to clean the lube off and clean the prime pockets then I load it.

For handgun it has been clean enough and I use carbide dies so I just dry tumble it still. I do load on a progressive press though. If I loaded handgun on a single stage I would probably wet tumble it after sizing/decapping.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    I wet tumble with SS and like the fact that it cleans primer pockets and inside cases.
    [I][B][COLOR="#FF0000"][SIZE=4]Some people never have time to do it right the first time but always find time to do it twice[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/I]

Title
    Premium Member
    Thanks for the feedback everyone.

I went and ordered the Frankford Arsenal Wet Tumbler, Media transfer magnet and Brass Dryer
    Can't wait to give wet tumbling a try!

Title
    Premium Member
    Try it without the pins, I used the pins for a couple of years and one day I thought, "wonder what they would look like just using the liquid (I use Turtle wax wash and wax and Lemishine) I was amazed at how good they are. I haven't used the pins in over a year, saves a whole lot of time and effort not having to separate the pins. Here's my tumblerIMG_20131122_094748_172 (Small).jpg556 brass.JPGIMG_20140414_130600_305 (Small).jpg

Title
    Premium Member
    I would suggest a media separator. Makes it a lot easier.
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10...edia-separator

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jritt187 View Post
    I would suggest a media separator. Makes it a lot easier.
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10...edia-separator

I have the EZ Rotary Separator. That should work, right?

Title
    Premium Member

Wet Tumbling

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo1 View Post
    I have the EZ Rotary Separator. That should work, right?
    It should. You will have to put a lot of water in that bucket though. Enough that the basket touches the water so when you spin it the ends will go in the water to wash out the pins. You don’t have to use a separator it just makes it a lot easier. I have only found 1 pin in the thousands and thousands of cases I have wet tumbled since I got my media separator. Also the one I posted is a wet/dry. Looks like yours is for dry media. Right?

Title
    Premium Member
    I never put water in the spinner. I just put the brass in and spin a few times in one direction then a few times in the other direction and repeat a few times. Never have pins in my cases - 380 -38/357 - 223 - 30-06.

Title
    Premium Member
    I deprime everything first then wet tumble to clean it up including pockets before I lube and size. After resizing I put it back in the wet tumbler for 20 minutes but no pins to clean off the lube. Trim, debur, and chamfer after that to finish up. I also use a cheap dehydrator to dry the brass after it comes out of the tumbler.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk