Colt.jpg
Buddy of mine has his grandfather's revolver - marked at COLT. D.A. 32

He would like to be able to shoot it.

I may need to get some measurements etc - but from what I can tell so far it is 32 S&W Short - and while that was originally a Black Powder cartridge - it was loaded with smokeless powder - though I am not sure if anyone makes it anymore.

So - that leaves reloading - but the only tools and or components I have at the moment that might even be close to working is .32 S&W Long that I could cut down to Short. Might have to slug the barrel to find out if it is a .312" or .315" unless I get the serial number and that helps determine the correct projectile size.

So I am looking for info and or any dies/components you guys might have. I would think that the 32 S&W Long die set would work and that appears to still be available.

Looks like there are molds available - so I could cast for it - but I would need to ask him how serious he is and how much he wants to shoot it before investing $100 in tools and such only to find out he only wants to fire it a few times and then put it away. I will likely check with the bullet casting group I follow - short term it might be easier to get a sample set from someone else who loads em.

I did find some load data - https://reloadammo.com/32-s-w-reloading-data/