Pre-written work here that presumes a level of knowledge......it may even be almost a wildcat and casting post but I parked it in rifles because I don't shoot much of the new wizbang stuff and even the popular ones are in well worn platforms .

In an effort to change things up a little;

Extraordinary efforts to get things running in a mediocre QC 95 yr old foreign milsurp that has occasionally available brass but a somewhat oversized and not terribly unusual groove dia . It is called a 6.5×50 Semi Rimmed and in a Type 38 Arisaka of Imperial Japan . Research says it was assembled in 1927 . I took a picture but it was so ugly it broke the camera lens .

Cast or paper patched is the only way this gem has any hope of shooting well as the Metford type rifling is shallow , round and .266×.270 with a throat and leade that will take a .272 over .1 out of the case .

I had an associate make a Lee style push through sizer at .2728 and an H&I for the Lyman 45 at .273 . Another associate hearing of my woes helped me out with a bushing type neck sizing die , the needs fell into a bushing dia void to get me . 001-3 neck sizing . I ended up with 3 bushings which works out because to form brass from 308 family neck thickness varies a lot even with reaming necks .
I have a Big Max A4 so swaging the 243 shown down from .473 to the needed .458 head is a half stroke relube full stroke affair . The rim remains .473 . I've had the good fortune of accumulating 60+ Norma cases but they rattle until fire formed .

The last bug seems to be the , even for myself , bizarre seating die adjustment to accommodate the nose of the 27-135 FN RCBS . It appears that the nose and bands are larger than the crimp step so my first dummy lodged the bullet in the seating die . I backed the die out about 4 turns , then 4 more , back down 2 , fiddle. The case neck now just flattens the flair and the driving band stops against the seating stem just below the crimp step . I did mangle 4 bullets to figure it out .

So I have 2 custom bullet sizers , a custom neck sizing die with 3 otherwise unavailable bushings and a rifle that will get a one or two of its own bullet moulds .

I have an NOE 270-140 that drops a .272 and a 266469 that shows some promise sized .265 and patched up to .272 . Unfortunately all work was stopped for most of a year due to pre owned brass failures .

I have about 75 smackers more than the gun is worth in tools to shoot it. Good thing factory ammo rides over the lands shoots like crap and costs $2.25 a shot or this wouldn't be worth the effort .
6045~2.jpeg