Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Title
    Premium Member

My first annealer

I finally broke down and ordered my first annealer. I didn’t have a huge budget so I was primarily looking at the $300 and below ones. I stumbled across this guy on YouTube who was giving a tutorial on how to build an annealer, and come to find out, he started making and selling them too. So for $268 shipped, I ended up with the EP Innovations 2.0 annealer. It handles all sizes of brass with just simple adjustments. I can’t wait to give it a try.

JTD

Similar Threads:

Title
    Premium Member
    JTD, Todd is a great guy! He is the one that posted the plans I used to build mine and I couldn't be happier. I am thrilled for him as well, please let me know what you think of it when you get it.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyDeGraff View Post
    I finally broke down and ordered my first annealer. I didn’t have a huge budget so I was primarily looking at the $300 and below ones. I stumbled across this guy on YouTube who was giving a tutorial on how to build an annealer, and come to find out, he started making and selling them too. So for $268 shipped, I ended up with the EP Innovations 2.0 annealer. It handles all sizes of brass with just simple adjustments. I can’t wait to give it a try.

JTD

"Long range shooting, It's like golf, but for men"

Title
    Premium Member
    I need to pick up propane this weekend. From just fiddling with it so far I think I’m going to love it.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Ive been trying to post a pic, but Tapatalk has been jacked and giving me errors.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Dammit! Now I have something else I have to save up for.

Title
    Premium Member

Here it is. Going out for propane today. I don’t have anything that needs annealing right now (all my brass is prepped), but I’ll be ready.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    I have a different brand annealer and I do almost all my brass now. It seemed to me to make the neck tension more even.

“The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails.” -John Maxwell

Title
    Premium Member
    Do you anneal every time or every other? I plan on doing all my brass too, just not sure how often yet.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Most of my accuracy guns have fairly tight chambers and I don't move a lot of brass when re-sizing so I only anneal every 3 or so firings. Any brass used in a gun where I move a lot of brass re-sizing would be a candidate for every other or so.

"Long range shooting, It's like golf, but for men"

Title
    Premium Member
    I've only annealed one time for the brass I'm loading now and have not reused that same brass yet, but, I will most likely be annealing every time as a guy I know and trust does his every time and I don't believe it hurts it any. If I get in a bind and need a lot in a hurry I may forgo every time. Most of my shooting is getting ready for some sort of hunting animals so I want it as accurate as I can get it so I try to not leave anything to chance.

“The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails.” -John Maxwell