Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Title
    Premium Member

.350 Legend loading issue

Is there a trick to this? I swear I'm banging my head against the wall trying to sort this out, Lee Dies, including FCD, new Star-Line brass, Hornady .355 170gr bullets. the brass gauges perfectly before loading with a Lyman case gauge....yet when I drop the powder, seat the bullet, and lightly crimp it, it fails the case gauge. I have tried adjusting my dies time and again....There is something I'm missing here...is it possible there is something unique to the .350 Legend in terms of loading?

Similar Threads:

Title
    Administrator
    It could be too much crimp, and it is buckling the front shoulder of the case.
    I would try one in the gun itself, and see if they chamber.
    If so, it could be just a tight case gauge, and you may have a bigger chamber.

Title
    Premium Member
    The rifle runs perfect on factory loads...no issues, I am seeing a bit of a bulge in the case where the bullet is seated.

Title
    Premium Member
    Just spent a little time with a set of calipers.....my reload versus a factory load, the only area I'm seeing any real measurable difference is at the base of the case, just above the head, I measured .485 for the factory load and .492 for the reload. rifle will not chamber the reload.

Title
    Premium Member
    I use the same brass with RCBS dies and haven’t had any issues. I can’t speak to setting up Lee but I could do a video this weekend on how I set my dies up if you think that would help. Let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    that would be helpful, thanks.

Title
    Premium Member
    Cool I’ll do it this weekend. It’ll end up being something simple. I had same issues with 30.06 and it ended up being something simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    I guess you are seating and crimping in different steps with a FCD? Can you chamber a case in your gun just before you add powder? If the brass chambers nice then, it has to be something in the neck area that changes with seating and crimping.

"Long range shooting, It's like golf, but for men"

Title
    Premium Member
    After playing with it for a while....I've just come to the conclusion that a small base resizing die is probably what is going to solve this issue, anything I ran through the Lee die will not chamber.

Title
    Premium Member
    That is strange. I load for the 350 Legend as well and use Lee dies. I have no issues with chambering. What gun are you using? I have the Ruger American bolt and it run fine.

Currently reloading for .380 ACP, 9MM,327 Federal Mag, 38 Special, .357 Mag, 40 S&W, 44 Mag, 45 ACP, .458 Socom, .223 Remington, 22-250,7MM Remington Mag, 30-06 and 340 Weatherby Mag, 50 Beowolf