Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title

Question Relosded weight??

Should all the reloaded ammo weigh the same when using a specific weight bullet, say a 155 gr copper plated flat point? Same powder load? Does the casing weight matter in the reloaded weight? I am going to reload some 40 s&w, 155 grain extreme copper plated FP and 165 grain extreme copper plated FP loads. I have weighed some stock stuff and they were all close but about .6 grains apart in weight. I am just wondering if they should all weigh the same after I finish reloading them? Thanks for advising a beginning re-loader. I have about 3k Winchester, 1300 brass, 1700 nickel. I will reload some of them with 155 gr. copper plated extreme and some with 165 gr. copper plated extreme. All this Winchester casings are once fired cases. My son is a LEO and he got them from their range master, I am a lucky guy.