Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title
    Premium Member

Cream of wheat fireforming

Has anyone used the cream of wheat fireforming method? Normally I jam the lands with the bullet and fireform, but with components being so scarce, and the price of 338 and 375 bullets, Iím going to give the COW method a try. Any tips or tricks, recipes, or experiences would be greatly appreciated.

JTD

Similar Threads:

Title
    Premium Member
    I have always done the JTL method personally. I get not wanting to waste pills, but if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Title
    Premium Member
    I'm a JTL guy, (or double shoulder if I am down sizing brass) as well, I am interested however in alternative methods.

"Long range shooting, It's like golf, but for men"

Title
    Premium Member
    Ive been doing a lot of research on line and you tube. Iím going to try it soon, and will post all of my results here on the forum.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    I sized one piece of 30-06 bras up to 358, then started sizing it back down to 338. I stopped when I could close the bolt all the way, with moderate resistance. Iím hoping this will become a 338-06 Improved.

I thought I would have to size more of the neck down, but it fits, so what the hell. Iím only going to .do 5 at first. One with 14gr unique one with 15gr one at 16 one at 17 and one at 18.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    I got my cream of wheat / unique test loads made up. I did one at 14, 15, 16, 17, and 18gr. After I shoot them, I will compare and measure them, if any are good I will load the rest up with that load.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Well. My first attempt at cream of wheat fire forming was a fail. Brass barely formed at all.

From left to right, 14 15 16 17 and 18gr of unique. Back to the drawing board.

JTD