Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

      
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: TAC in 30-30

  1. #1

    Title
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    186

    TAC in 30-30

    Has anyone used TAC in 30-30? Thinking about trying it with Hornady 150gr RN.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk


  2. #2
    JeffreyDeGraff's Avatar
    Title
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    1,783
    Iím curious too.


    JTD


  3. #3

    Title
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    2
    I used TAC to work up a plinking/groundhog load for some Speer 110 gr hp's through my Marlin 336 and my BIL's Henry. Western supplied some data since they don't list a 110 gr load for TAC. I didn't spend much time on load development, but I managed to get a repeatable 1-1.25 MOA group out of the Marlin (scoped) and 3-4" groups from the Henry (terrible open sights). Velocity was around 2630 fps.


  4. #4
    JeffreyDeGraff's Avatar
    Title
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    1,783
    Quote Originally Posted by ianjohnson211 View Post
    I used TAC to work up a plinking/groundhog load for some Speer 110 gr hp's through my Marlin 336 and my BIL's Henry. Western supplied some data since they don't list a 110 gr load for TAC. I didn't spend much time on load development, but I managed to get a repeatable 1-1.25 MOA group out of the Marlin (scoped) and 3-4" groups from the Henry (terrible open sights). Velocity was around 2630 fps.
    That sounds promising. Iím wondering how it works with 150 and 170ís?


    JTD


  5. #5

    Title
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    186
    Tried my TAC loads today in 30-30. I was shooting 150gr Hornady Interlock RN. Not the best groups at 50yds. May give it a try again with some different bullets.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk


  6. #6
    Oddduck's Avatar
    Title
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by muforester View Post
    Tried my TAC loads today in 30-30. I was shooting 150gr Hornady Interlock RN. Not the best groups at 50yds. May give it a try again with some different bullets.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    A friend tried tac in his 308 with 178 eld, got great groups but ran into pressure problems when it got hot out

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

    "Hey y'all! Watch this! Hold my beer!"

  7. #7

    Title
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by Oddduck View Post
    A friend tried tac in his 308 with 178 eld, got great groups but ran into pressure problems when it got hot out

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk
    Interesting. I have had very good luck with it in .223 and .338 Federal. I am going to try it in .35 Remington next.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk


  8. #8
    Oddduck's Avatar
    Title
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by Oddduck View Post
    A friend tried tac in his 308 with 178 eld, got great groups but ran into pressure problems when it got hot out

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk
    need to correct myself, it was cfe he was using not tac

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

    "Hey y'all! Watch this! Hold my beer!"

  9. #9

    Title
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by Oddduck View Post
    need to correct myself, it was cfe he was using not tac

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    I have some test loads in 223 and 22-250 using cfe223, but I havent got to shoot them yet.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •