Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbotto View Post
    That’s not impossible, but a challenge for sure. Most lumber yards will cut boards for you, but for a fee. If you can draw up your plans and have all your measurements already when you buy supplies, it’s just a manner of screwing it all together when you get home with your drill. If that’s a problem, maybe try to find someone at the local gunshop who’d let you use a little garage space for an afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm hoping Home Depot will be kind and make a few extra cuts. They usually say 1 cut per board, but the employee I spoke to in the lumber department said they would do a couple extra cuts so long as they weren't going to be doing a ton extra. I think they're used to college kids like myself not having access to anywhere to tinker. So long as the wood is cut to size, I at least have my hand drill.

I have a plan drawn up that I think will work pretty well. Now I just have to settle with parting with $77 that I could have spent on brass or bullets!
    Bench Idea.jpg

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SBCates View Post
    I'm hoping Home Depot will be kind and make a few extra cuts. They usually say 1 cut per board, but the employee I spoke to in the lumber department said they would do a couple extra cuts so long as they weren't going to be doing a ton extra. I think they're used to college kids like myself not having access to anywhere to tinker. So long as the wood is cut to size, I at least have my hand drill.

I have a plan drawn up that I think will work pretty well. Now I just have to settle with parting with $77 that I could have spent on brass or bullets!
    Bench Idea.jpg
    That looks like it’ll do the trick. I am also in an apartment but I have a garage to work on stuff now. It’s nice! I reloaded in college apartments on a section of kitchen countertop that I found somewhere. It had a Formica top and three heavy drawers under it. Maybe 24” square on top. It worked great and was free! It pays to be creative sometime too!

Title
    Premium Member
    79b214a2-bbe8-4f1d-a575-1d8151026c4a[1].jpg
    Half of my little room. It's about to change. My Son just got out of the Corps this year and finely has his room cleaned out.... I'm moving in. :-) Lots more room. Still trying to design the bench I want. (Good problems to have)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by HowardC; 12-07-2018 at 01:48 PM.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SBCates View Post
    My dinky little reloading cart finally broke. I got the cart when I was 12 to hold a fish tank, and since I got rid of the tank, it's put up with about 2.5 years of reloading.
    Now I have to figure out how to build something new with only a hand drill... Apartment life sucks, this place won't even let me use tools outside.
    Gonna have to go with something small again since I'm stuck in a closet. 26" wide and 18-19" deep is about as good as I'm gonna get I think.
    Attachment 847
    Try a black & decker work mate 525 about 30 at lowes then they have precut 3/4 2x2 then 4 carriage bolts with nuts to mount the 2 x2 to the bench then your press. I have a setup I use in my RV the nice thing is after you are done it can fold up. Just an idea

Title
    Premium Member
    2015 pics. Not much has changed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Big Eddy
    Not big and tall but big and round

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbotto View Post
    That’s not impossible, but a challenge for sure. Most lumber yards will cut boards for you, but for a fee. If you can draw up your plans and have all your measurements already when you buy supplies, it’s just a manner of screwing it all together when you get home with your drill. If that’s a problem, maybe try to find someone at the local gunshop who’d let you use a little garage space for an afternoon.

Just add a 2x4 under it. My table did the same thing. I know its not super pretty but it works. I got my desk at good will for $8 and has worked amazingly!

Title
    Premium Member

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmg3636 View Post

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Nice setup

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    My first bench is a work in progress. 1st pic is a before and after for the top. I got a 50 year old oak butcher block table top, cut out a damaged section, joined it back together, cut it to size, capped the ends and sanded off the original finish. 2nd pic is my bench frame that I got from work. We bought a bunch of these from a company that was liquidating. We got more than we needed and one of the owners was nice enough to let me have this one. It's heavy steel, adjustable and really solid. I'll be building a set of shelves and backing them with pegboard and I'll hang an LED work light from the overhead bar. I'm thinking of getting a rolling tool chest to slide under it to use as a set of drawers. The 3rd pic is the top after a couple coats of Danish oil. The holes closest to the camera are for my Ultramount and the grid of holes are threaded inserts I installed to use as anchors for my powder throw, case trimmer etc, which will be mounted on 3/4" oak boards. I'll plug the countersunk holes with nice brass screws when they're not in use. I wanted to do a t-track but I was too much of a puss to run the router across the top after this much work. You only get one shot at that and I'm sure I would find a way to screw it up. A drill is much more my speed.

IMG_20190210_134831216_HDR.jpg attachment.jpg IMG_20190217_141205420.jpg

Title
    Premium Member
    Very nice,and nice work,router work aint tough measure ten times layout and check 5 times

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast