Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 77 of 80 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast
    Title
    Premium Member
    Got a little more range time this past weekend. I shot my 32 Winchester special, 30-40 Krag, 44 Magnum, and 357 Magnum.

The 32 Special and 30-40 shot really well with my test loads, the 44 Mag Redhawk performed decently, and the 357 no change, blah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member

Today at the Bench.....

This past week I made up some test loads for my Savage99 284 Winchester with 139gr interlocks and RL19, and 145gr Grand Slams and Ramshot Hunter. My Remington760 35 Remington with 200gr Hornady RN and AA2230. I also loaded some hunting rounds for the kids’ rifles, 7x57 with 120gr Ballistic Tips and IMR4064, and 30-06 with 150gr Hornady BTSP and IMR4064.

Title
    Premium Member
    So after waiting patiently for 2 years for this to be released and then available, I finally picked this 1894 up on Saturday. Now to scope or not to scope?? It is a classic look and I am thinking no scope, what do you all think? My very first lever gun, by the way.
    1894.jpg
    "Long range shooting, It's like golf, but for men"

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyeralan View Post
    So after waiting patiently for 2 years for this to be released and then available, I finally picked this 1894 up on Saturday. Now to scope or not to scope?? It is a classic look and I am thinking no scope, what do you all think? My very first lever gun, by the way.
    1894.jpg
    AWESOME!! Is it 44 Magnum? I don’t have a 94 Marlin, but I would love to have one. Congrats!!

To me scopes look kinda ugly on lever actions, but are sometimes a necessary evil. If your eyes are still good enough for iron sights, I would suggest a nice set of skinner sights with an aperture rear. That would be very cool to me. If you do better with a scope, then a smallish scope like a straight tubed 1-4x20 or 1.5-5x20 would not look bad on it.

Whichever way you go, I am really excited for you, and hope you let us know how it shoots.

Title
    Premium Member
    Yep, 44 Magnum. Ruger has done a pretty good job of maintaining the "classic" look of the lever guns they are introducing. I am going to at least wait until I get a chance to shoot it before I consider mounting a scope. Thanks for your thoughts, it is kind of how I am leaning.

Title
    Premium Member
    Yep, 44 Magnum. Ruger has done a pretty good job of maintaining the "classic" look of the lever guns they are introducing. I am going to at least wait until I get a chance to shoot it before I consider mounting a scope. Thanks for your thoughts, it is kind of how I am leaning.
    Ive heard/read that Ruger is doing right by these old classics. If ever you need an opinion, look me up, I’m full of them. HAHA!

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyDeGraff View Post
    Ive heard/read that Ruger is doing right by these old classics. If ever you need an opinion, look me up, I’m full of them. HAHA!

Lol! However that is what I asked for.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Here is some pictures of my Marlin 1895 with two different scopes on it. One thing to note on these pictures is that the scopes are mounted about an inch farther back than they should be because of the slip on recoil pad over the factory recoil pad which lengthens the length of pull about an inch.

2-7x32 vortex

1.5-5x20 Leupold.

Title
    Premium Member
    I’ve been sighting in rifles for hunting season. I’m just about finished. Next weekend I will get the finishing touches done.

Title
    Premium Member
    Now that doesn't look bad at all. That is just a sweet looking rifle! I think I like the Vortex look better. The scope I have to put on the 1894 is a Leupold 2-7x32, thinking it might look ok on there now. Thanks for posting these!