Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 35 of 80 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyeralan View Post
    A lazy afternoon loading some 9mm odd bullet lots I have to use them up. Not worth changing over the progressive, so doing it on the chucker. I find it very relaxing.
    I do everything on my Rockchucker. I love it.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    My Rockchucker was good enough for so many years until . . . I bought my first auto, a Sig P227 and then another and then the Mrs and the daughter bought some more autos and somehow, I am supposed to provide ammo for all of them. I broke down and got a Hornady AP and I love it. I use it only for 9mm, 45acp and 300BO. I am a precision rifle guy at heart but the last few years I have taken a little side trip. Hoping to get back to the 6mmbr and the 204 this summer.
    "Long range shooting, It's like golf, but for men"

Title
    Premium Member
    My Rockchucker was good enough for so many years until . . . I bought my first auto, a Sig P227 and then another and then the Mrs and the daughter bought some more autos and somehow, I am supposed to provide ammo for all of them. I broke down and got a Hornady AP and I love it. I use it only for 9mm, 45acp and 300BO. I am a precision rifle guy at heart but the last few years I have taken a little side trip. Hoping to get back to the 6mmbr and the 204 this summer.
    I’m a rifle guy first and foremost. I did precision shooting years ago. My loading style now, is a mix of just making quality hunting ammo, and making precision ammo. I just can’t let some things go, but i have a ton of fun with it. Ive only ever owned my Rockchucker that I bought new in 91, and a Sinclair arbor press that I used to load for my benchrest rifles.

In the past year I have been thinking about getting a lee 4 hole turret or a Dillon 550, for my pistol ammo. I only have 4 autoloaders, the rest are revolvers. I feel like the Dillon would be the better piece, but all of the buy once cry once fanboys have turned me off on their products. The lee turret has a huge following and a reputation for turning out quality ammo. But for now the Rockchucker gets the job done.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    I bought a Hornady AP about 4 years ago but it is still in the box. I need to get it set up and start working on some ammo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Everyone around me looking for ammo like crack heads needing a fix, and here I am laughing. Loading up some 5.56 for a rainy day.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesr160@yahoo.com View Post
    Everyone around me looking for ammo like crack heads needing a fix, and here I am laughing. Loading up some 5.56 for a rainy day.

My last trip to the range, my 13 year old and I took 7 handguns. We were shooting loading shooting loading, you get the picture. I had 3 different people ask me where I got so much ammo. I felt sorry for one kid (16-18), his dad was only letting him load 3 rounds in the magazine at a time, to conserve ammo.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Definitely don't have to wait for a lane lately. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by muforester View Post
    I bought a Hornady AP about 4 years ago but it is still in the box. I need to get it set up and start working on some ammo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    I really like my AP, bought it used and I am pretty mechanically inclined so I made a few adjustments and improvements and it is a great machine.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Loading some 45 HAP's this afternoon, my observation . . . . Unique sucks to meter/weigh. I never used much of it and now I am reminded why, lol.

Title
    Premium Member
    Loading some 45 HAP's this afternoon, my observation . . . . Unique sucks to meter/weigh. I never used much of it and now I am reminded why, lol.
    I use TONS of unique. I have an RCBS lil dandy powder measure that I use for all my pistol loading. That thing measures unique very accurately. But I do hear a lot of people says it doesn’t meter worth a crap.

JTD