Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 28 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
    Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by akpls View Post
    I had been going with 40 gr. VMax, but just lately got a good deal on Speer 39 gr. TNT's so been loading those with various powders... CFE 223, BLC2, etc. to see what works best. Somehow I accumulated 5 204's along the way so could conceivably work up a different load for each.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
    Wow! 5 204’s. That’s outstanding. What are they? Ive just got one, Rem700 VLS, it’s a great shooter with 32gr vmax and IMR4198.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    I got the 32 special, 35 rem, and 30-40 deprimed and squeaky clean. The nickel 6.5 creedmoor is cleaned sized and primed.

I made it to the range today and shot 7x57 with 139 Hornady sp and 120gr nosler fp. 257 Roberts Ackley Improved with 117gr sst. And my k31 7.5x55 with 178gr eldx. I had good results from all three, the 7x57 is shooting MOA with the 139gr sp, the 257 Ackley shot the 117gr sst the best that it ever has today, just want to tinker around with it now and see if I can shrink the groups a little, and the best group out of the K31 was 1.7”, not the best group ever but gives me a good starting point to start messing around with it.

After the range I cleaned sized and trimmed my 7x57 brass, it is in the tumbler now. Will prime it when it comes out and am going to load them up.

JTD

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyDeGraff View Post
    Wow! 5 204’s. That’s outstanding. What are they? Ive just got one, Rem700 VLS, it’s a great shooter with 32gr vmax and IMR4198.

JTD
    Not a great photo, but left to right.... AR I built with a Wilson barrel, AR I built with a side-charging upper and ER Shaw barrel, a Ruger 77 Compact (my first 204), a Savage 11, and far right is a Mossberg MVP. The side-charger and Mossberg have not yet been fully sighted in and that's what I'm loading up for now. The Ruger and the Wilson barrel AR both like the 40 gr V-Max factory loads.... the AR especially. In fact it shoots those factory loads so well I haven't even tried to work up anything else for it.

Title
    Premium Member
    Not a great photo, but left to right.... AR I built with a Wilson barrel, AR I built with a side-charging upper and ER Shaw barrel, a Ruger 77 Compact (my first 204), a Savage 11, and far right is a Mossberg MVP. The side-charger and Mossberg have not yet been fully sighted in and that's what I'm loading up for now. The Ruger and the Wilson barrel AR both like the 40 gr V-Max factory loads.... the AR especially. In fact it shoots those factory loads so well I haven't even tried to work up anything else for it.

That is a bad ass set of 204’s!!!

JTD

Title
    I had a chance to add the Remington 700 (consignment at the LGS) to the set, but I waited too long to grab it and someone beat me to it.

Last edited by akpls; 11-28-2020 at 10:36 PM.

Title
    Premium Member

That is an awesome group of 204's. I feel like such a rookie, I've only got 2 of them, lol.
    "Long range shooting, It's like golf, but for men"

Title
    Premium Member
    Hope you all are doing well! Just checking in! Hunting season ended for me this weekend with a Covid scare and one last hunt Sunday night in the unit I still had a tag for. Oh well. We ended up with three does total for the year, between my wife and I and we had been given a beef for the freezer in September. We are not hurting in any way and truly are blessed this year. Hoping to clean the bench off here in the next few weeks and get some reloading done with what components I do have, but not looking good for awhile. Waiting for my favorite bullets to come back in-stock for the .338-06 and have a feeling that might take awhile. It’ll give me time to work on some tinkering with my .30-06 load for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Working on breaking down some old reloads that didn't shoot well so I can salvage bullets, brass, and primers. Also, I took apart some old 6.5x55 surplus rounds. Has anyone ever seen powder like this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by muforester View Post
    Working on breaking down some old reloads that didn't shoot well so I can salvage bullets, brass, and primers. Also, I took apart some old 6.5x55 surplus rounds. Has anyone ever seen powder like this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Ive never seen a powder that looked like that before.

I definitely need to get one of those bullet pullers after the holidays. Ive been putting off pulling bullets for months because I don’t want to pull the hammer out.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    I had to pull about 400 pistol rounds because the bullets were undersized. I quickly realized the hammer wasn’t the way to go, so I rigged up a spacer and used some lineman’s pliers and pulled them in a similar fashion.