Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1454626364
    I realize shooting some of the less commonly used calibers makes one a scrounger. What looked like cheap 300 WSM was not. The bad news was stuff came from a brand that is notorious for loose primers from the very first firing. The freezer bags storage work fine until there are too many freeze bags.

Last edited by Mowgli Terry; 06-11-2022 at 08:32 AM.

Title
    Premium Member
    Ive been working on the last of my rounds to be fireformed into 257 Roberts AI. They are 6mm PRVI brass with 87gr Sierra bullets and H414.

I also got my lee turret press set up to do some 9mm. Ive had the press for at least 8 months now and havenít done anything with it yet. Iím excited to give it a whirl.

JTD

Title
    110 miles north of Texarkana in the green hell
    Quote Originally Posted by Mowgli Terry View Post
    I realize shooting some of the less commonly used calibers makes one a scrounger. What looked like cheap 300 WSM was not. The bad news was stuff came from a brand that is notorious for loose primers from the very first firing. The freezer bags storage work fine until there are too many freeze bags.
    I'm not going to push anything but if the pockets get loose because of just soft brass one might peen the pocket and swage it back out to standard . For example like I full circle crimped primer . I did some NNY berdan to LRP boxer just that way . They held fine for 5 loads at 42-45kpsi .

Title
    Premium Member
    I finally used my lee classic turret press. I loaded 155 9mm with 147gr Berrys RN and 3.3gr of Tite group, 1.150Ē. I didnít use the auto index because all my 9mm brass is sized flared and primed already, so I just manually indexed between seat and crimp die. So far so good.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Ive been playing with the Lee Classic Turret some more. After my range trip yesterday, ive been loading up some winners. Ive cranked out some 10mm with 165gr rainier HP and autocomp, and some 45 Colt with 255gr Xtreme FP and Unique. Iím thoroughly enjoying this press, itís not the fastest but is perfect for my needs. Next up is going to be some 357 magnum with 158gr Xtreme FP and Unique.

JTD