Quote Originally Posted by Kingrich09 View Post
I am also a mechanic and was in your shoes 3 years ago when I wanted my first AR. I ended up purchasing my first completely built and do not regret it one bit.

If you are looking to go with a traditional look, pick your favorite manufacturer they probably make one. There are so many manufacturers its tough to hold one out above the rest. If your looking for a full custom free floated scoped rifle with every bell and whistle, this is where building really comes into play in my opinion because you won't be buying a base rifle only to upgrade it anyway.

You really can't go wrong either way but for me it eased my mind buying my first so I could fondle it and really get a feel for how it works. I have since built 4 others to suit other purposes and calibers. The AR platform is really simple once you learn it but that first time can me intimidating no matter how many build videos you watch on YouTube.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I've been checking out BCAs fully assembled rifles. I haven't got much feedback on how their guns are. I've also contemplated just buying one of their uppers and match it to an Aero lower. To many options out there, i guess i just really need to get what i can afford. Build and learn from what i have i guess.