Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Title
    Premium Member

Cabelas today Aug 14 :(

Very little powder and no primers. Ft Worth store. Did I miss something? I know BPS bought them, but why no supplies?

Title
    Administrator
    Nothing going on I am aware of. Might just ask at the counter. May just be an issue in that store?
    Quote Originally Posted by Topkick View Post
    Very little powder and no primers. Ft Worth store. Did I miss something? I know BPS bought them, but why no supplies?

Title
    Premium Member
    I did ask. Blank stares. I’m kind of sick now. I remember 2008 too well. That’s my primer and powder source without road trips.

Title
    Premium Member
    That’s my go to store. Try the Plano store as well.
    2008 was definitely a bad year in Texas. I seen more items while traveling in Wisconsin than Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    I’ll actually be going by the Buda store next week. May road trip to get supplies! Just hoping this is not becoming a new reality. I’m doing OK with supplies, but have several loading projects planned this fall.

Title
    Premium Member
    Buda was well stocked 3 weeks ago. Since Bass Pro and Cabelas merged you need to go to the Bass Pro store in Grapevine. They have a good supply of powder but their prices are $1-2 higher than Cabelas. Next time I’m going to ask for a price match.

Title
    Premium Member
    2 weeks ago I was in the Bass Pro in Ft Worth. They had a good supply of powder and some primers, but prices were high. Grabbed some H335 just because I was there and needed some. Closest of either store is 125miles from the homestead.....

Title
    Premium Member
    The Cabela’s in Allen had a decent supply two weeks ago. Grabbed a brick of primers

Title
    Premium Member
    The Cabela’s in Thornton co barely had any primers and I didn’t see any powder. I didn’t ask though since I was headed over to a local reloading shop anyways. The Cabela’s in Lone tree co was well stocked the last time I was in there about 2 months ago.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Topkick View Post
    My guess is when they combined they also fire people. I worked at a company that had to downsize. In one department they fired all the people that were on the "Keep" list on accident. Then the next day the fired the rest, then tried to rehire the "Keep" list back. Many decided to take the unemployment though and get out when the getting was good Lol. Mistakes happen is what I am getting at.
    I am betting they fired a bunch of people and the people in charge of buying primers and powder were fired...maybe all of them. And, they evidently forgot to tell someone else they now had to do the job. Lol, just a guess though.