Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title
    Premium Member

Identifying dan Wesson revolver.

I recently found a good deal on a dan Wesson revolver and after doing some digging and a post on the Dan Wesson website I think I have gotten it correctly identified as a model 715 with a fixed barrel. Does anybody have any additional information on these firearms?20180812_195527.jpg20180811_234516.jpg20180812_195539.jpg
    Last edited by Josh wagoner; 08-14-2018 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Uploading correct photos

Title
    Premium Member
    Josh, I have owned many Dan Wesson revolvers over the years, and until I saw your post, have never heard of a fixed barrel DW.

I can't tell you much that you could not find using Google, but if it is half the gun all mine have been, you have a nice shooter.

IMHO these old revolvers are way under valued.

Title
    Premium Member
    It shoots like a dream now that I have spent some time at the range with it I love it. You can see in the pics it has some damage to the finish but it functions flawlessly and unlike some other firearms I own I can really have some fun with a quality firearm without having to worry about scratching it . =)

Title
    Premium Member
    Josh here is link I found in Dan Wesson group im part of on facebook.

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https...iVBeFCH6mQ&s=1

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    The 715 is the stainless version of the model 15. And if my memory serves me correctly they did make one with a fixed bbl. I bought mine in the late 70's. Also have a model 40 357 max.

Title
    Premium Member
    I have the 4-6 and 8" interchangeable barrels 357 Pistol pack bought it in the 70's. I love mine. Works flawlessly. Just shot it yesterday.