I am looking into possibly getting a Rock Island 10mm double stack tac ultra threaded. Does anyone have experience with this model or other double stack 10mm rock island 1911s?

A little on where I am coming from. You could call me a glock guy, almost every handgun I have owned has been a glock. That would be 5 out of 6 handguns. I love their reliability.

I have always loved 1911s, never owned one. I was never a fan of the single stack low round capacity. With the advent of the double stack my interest peaked again, especially with rock island offering an ebtry at a lower price point. I have heard a lot of pretty good things about rock island but have not been able to find direct response to a double stack 10mm.

I do not buy range toys or safe Queens. I expect to be able to use and trust my guns when I need them. Whether as a carry gun, hime defense or farm/woods gun. My main questions are if I can trust this gun to do what I need to when I need it straight out of the box, or if there will need to be some tuning required to make it run. If the later is the case what are the main things these guns require?

Thanks

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk