Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Thread: 375 raptor

Title
    Premium Member

375 raptor

Ok so feel like a noob, have never reloaded for a caliber where I have to form my own brass have imperial wax coming have dies to do a 2 step forming process and just looking for any info/help stating with commercial 308 brass and will be up sizing to 375 raptor brass, any help or suggestions would be appreciated thinking about starting at 50 price and working my way up just to make sure I under stand what I'm doing and not screwing up a bunch to start with

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Title
    I was in a similar boat not too long ago and the sizing wax helps out a whole bunch. Do you have to cut your brass down before you form? What’s the process? I recently got some Templaq 750 and a propane torch for ghetto annealing. Annealing (for me) made it go much smoother.
    An armed society is a polite society

Title
    Premium Member
    I do but not a whole bunch can do It with trimming i have read but have to keep looking into it a bit more waiting for rest of my stuff to show up

Title
    I gave it a quick google and the forming doesn’t look too bad but I’d still suggest annealing before you form. Looks like an interesting round and we look forward to seeing how things go! Keep us posted!

Title
    Premium Member
    Everything I have read says to go through first firing and then Anneal to help form brass to your chambering

Title
    I gotcha. I found the page where it says that. Still look forward to seeing the process! Keep us posted