Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Thread: 6.8 spc

Title
    Premium Member

6.8 spc

Does anyone shoot 6.8 SPC. I ordered I upper for my AR and I will be picking it up as soon as taxes come in. I plan on reloading for it once it comes in. I'm debating if I want to buy factory ammo and shoot it when I first get it to get the brass or if I just want to order components and start reloading for it right away. Does anyone know where to get decent magazines for a mil-spec AR-15 Lower. I also feel like it's not quite as popular of a caliber compared to the 6.5 Grendel everybody seems to be on a 6.5 Grendel kick and I wanted to be different so I'm hoping there's some others that shoot that caliber with me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    I’ve played with it a little been using h322 with Hornady 110 bthp getting decent results data is kinda sketchy because most don’t list data for spcII loads so you have to work up loads

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Congratz on the 6.8SPC. I own several including a 18" Bison Armory,a 10.5" AR pistol,and a Ruger Mini-14 chambered in 6.8SPC. The Bison has a 6.8SPCII chamber.
    My application for these guns is hunting deer,hogs at night with my thermal,and stalking/calling hogs and coyotes during the daylight hours.
    My 18" has the thermal because I want the added vels because we see quite a few coyotes while night hunting the peanut fields for hogs. Bullet for this gun is a 85gr Barnes TSX at almost 3100fps.
    I shoot a Hornady 120gr SST in the 10.5" and 115gr Federal Fusion out of the Mini.
    The 6.8 is a great chambering. It is just about middle road between the 5.56X45 and 308Win,depending on how it is loaded. There are some great bullets for it that fall between 85gr and 130gr. A good selection of "no lead" bullets from Barnes and hornady. Also from Cutting Edge but they are somewhat expensive.
    Scan the web for sales on loaded ammo. Seller & Bellot drops down to <$12 per box every now and then. The brass is excellent and while shooting the ammo you can break in your gun and get your optics somewhat close to zero.
    WES has a 6.8 package deal on here a couple weeks ago. It consisted of bullets and brass. Take a look. --- SAWMAN
    Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
    STONER 63A ( MK-23/XM-207 )
    XM177E2

Title
    Premium Member
    I have the 6.8 amd 6.5 , I use 8208 xbr and benchmark in both. I have used the 120 sst and the 115 SMK with decent accuracy, I use a PRI magazine. They are expensive but work well. I would get SSA loaded with accubonds as they seem to be the hottest I have shot, just ensure if you have a spc or SPC II chamber you buy appropriate ammo, spcII can shoot SPamo., spc II chamber is almost like a 5.56 vs 223 rem version of it. Correct me if I'm wrong forum.
    Last edited by docvx; 02-06-2019 at 04:14 PM.

Title
    Premium Member
    Forgot to add - -> I use the ASC brand of mags. The 10 shot and 5 shot are the same size. I mark the floor plate of the mags with either a "V" or a "X". The 5 shot are for deer and the 10 shot are used for hogs and yotes.
    The mags are black in color but they can be taken back to brushed stainless with alcohol. The fit and function is perfect. --- SAWMAN
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
    STONER 63A ( MK-23/XM-207 )
    XM177E2