Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Title
    Premium Member
    Conflicting Load Data ... big pet peeve for me. One books max is another’s low or mid-range.

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tjb101 View Post
    Conflicting Load Data ... big pet peeve for me. One books max is another’s low or mid-range.
    That is one reason I use a lot of Hodgdon, I compare their data, to the manufacturer data, and I make my starting point... then it's just fine tuning.

Title
    Premium Member
    I’ve been considering this question since it was first posted but couldn’t really come up with anything. But today I have it. What bothers me about reloading is setting up dies. I don’t know why I dislike it so much, but it’s one of my least favorite tasks, aside from brass prep of course.

It came to me today after I have been dragging my feet for over a year to set up new-to-me RCBS dies for my .44. I’ve been using Lee 4-die carbides and I just don’t care for them. Nothing seems smooth in the process of reloading with these dies, so finally befor I started production on some .44’s this week, I just bit the bullet and got the new ones set up. They are much smoother to run and I’m happy I did it! With my Co-Ax I set dies up with the lock rings and don’t touch them much after that. I know some guys say you set up dies each time you work on a particular cartridge, but I’m not in that camp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    I’m in camp where I set up my dies each time. I load several different profiles and this ensures no mistakes. It’s pretty fast anyway. I like the solice reloading provides, especially in the cold rainy winter months. I even took a week away from work to develop a couple of loads, and try some new coffees. Not much I don’t like. I will help friends learn to load, but I don’t load for them. I will supply bullets and powder for small custom batches.

Title
    Premium Member
    Wanting, for some unknown reason, to be able to load up 3000 rounds in 10 minutes, and even on a stranger side wanting everything to be really shiney. Kind of a crow type thing I guess. Do stained cases shoot different than shiney? Can you shoot 3000 rounds in 10 minutes? I think this is a Dillon event........have you ever listened to when someone says I can load 1500 rounds in 30 minutes with computer guided software? WTF? WHY? Not one person on this earth shoots that much, EVER. They have, simply lost track of what reloading is........and have passed on to commercial volume loading hoping you see it as, WOW you are so cool.
    Last edited by rumaco; 01-24-2019 at 05:17 PM.

Title
    Premium Member
    I have a few people ask me to reload for them. I tell them I don't have time to reload the stuff I want for myself. Doesn't bother me that much.

I met one guy through a friend. He loaded everything HOT. I didn't and he looked down on me for not doing that. My friend said he blows up a rifle every 6 months. He has a need for speed and wants as little bullet drop as possible. The groups I shoot are great and the paper targets I shoot are just as dead as his! I get to shoot more for the same amount of powder too. I guess that bugged me a bit, his attitude.
    Last edited by Ledslnger; 01-24-2019 at 08:37 PM. Reason: added